Monday, April 20, 2015

Doggie Days

Life in paradise has been pretty good. Yigo seems to enjoy his daily swimming activities in pool and at the dog beach. High tide was within the hour, so there is minimal beach left. It's a great place to play, and we will return here again.



His favorite thing to do is laps in the pool though. I hope to some day teach him how to stand on a paddle board. 




Saturday Practice 4/18/15

This practice was a bit unusual - but it went like this in LCM
Warm:
12 minute swim choice
Four time:
8 minute swim (with choosing either 50, 100 or 150 x 1 fast effort)
Fins - twice through
100 back
6 x 50 - odds breast pull, dolphin kick/evens six kick three stroke switch
*coach had his adorable baby strapped to the front of his body, and his wife was swimming. His wife is a breast stroker, and when I was doing the breast with fins, he asked me if I was a breast stroker, and I told him, only my upper half!
8 x 50 (odds - last 15m fast/events - 1st. 15m fast)
Cool
200

Sunday - Rest 

Monday 4/20/15 - LCM

We were privileged to have Paul Yetter coaching us. He is a very talented coach and great person!
His goal was to have the Masters swim the same work out as his age group team.   He believes it can be done and did very well in keeping us together by modifying distance and intervals.  I think he feels that some of the Master's swimmers are just not that motivated to stay on task or effort with the age groupers,  although I am all for it!  Since I was trying to taper a little before this weekend's events in TX, I ended the workout early.  

Warm:
300 swim (5')
6 x 50 Pull @ 1:05
300 swim

Kick
4 x 150 (fins) interval is different each one: 2:40, 2:50, 3:00, 2:40. 
*The age groupers were not using fins and I had to work to keep up with them!
1-200 EZ

Main *I really liked this set!
4 x 150 @ 3'
6 x 50 cruise @ 1:20
*Warm down for me - otherwise.....

3 x 150 @ 2:55
6 x 50 cruise

2 x 150 @ 2:50
6 x 50 cruise

1 x 150
6 x 50 cruise
cool 200

Happy Laps!







No comments: