Friday, May 15, 2015

Espanol arroz

Yo cocino mexicana comida para la cena para la familia.   Les gustas Tacos!

For the first time I whipped up a big batch of spanish rice, and it tasted fantastico!!  You can see I am attempting to use the spanish I am learning from an educational app that I really enjoy using called, DuoLingo.  It's super fun, and easy. I give this app 5 stars!

Before I write out today's practice, here is the recipe for the rice.

Picking the rice - I prefer using Basmati rice because of it's aroma, and how it cooks. Basmati literally means "full of aroma".
Ingredients:
2 cups Basmati rice
3 cups chicken broth 
1/4 cup tomato sauce (use Italian brand in paper container, rather than can)
2 tbs.butter
Cumin
salt/white pepper
Paprika (can use smoked)
Chopped onion and garlic
splash of fresh squeezed lime. 

In a medium pot - melt butter, onions and garlic. Add the rice to coat, then add tomato rice to coat rice. Add the chicken broth, and remaining spices.  Bring to boil, then turn down heat to simmer until all the liquid is absorbed.  

Here is what it looked like left over, and it tastes great with black beans!



Friday's practice focuses on speed, speed, and more speed. Coach Kevin wrote a fantastic work out, and I felt pretty good today. 


Friday 5/15/15

Glad I showed up on time, for the warm up set, as it had very specific intervals, and got the heart rate up!
4 x 100 @ 1:30
6 x 50 @ 1:10 kick  
4 x 100 @ 1:40 drill choice
4 x 50 @ 1:10 kick
4 x 100 @ 1:20 (oh my)
2 x 50 @ 1:10 kick

Main
Three rounds
Round #1
12 x 25  @ :35 (1ez/2 fast)
Rest 2:00
4 x 50!  @ 1:30 - go for it~
200 ez

Round #2
12 x 25 @ :30 (2ez/1 fast)
Rest 2:00
4 x 50! 1:30
200 ez

Round #3
12 x 25 @ :35 (1ez/2fast)
Rest 2
4 x 50! @ 1:30
200 ez

Happy Laps!

It took a few weeks, but I am feeling more energized after swimming, and motivated to get get in the saddle and ride!  The safest way to ride in Naples during the week, is either early AM, or to stay in the compound and do laps, which is very similar to how we rode during lunch while living in Hawaii. We'd warm up, then go all out time trial pace for about 20 - 30 minutes on the Hickam AFB. You get in shape fast that way too.  I did a few laps in the compound, then I ventured out of the gates to ride on the main streets for another 10 miles.  It's ALWAYS sunny when you wake up in FL.  Here I am warming up. 


Cape Coral has  7 designated cycling routes.  The longest route is 48 miles, which covers a complete loop of Cape Coral.  This loop is called PPC (Physician's Primary Care Route) and it runs just behind our house. They repainted the bike lanes too.



No comments: