Thursday, May 21, 2015

Touche' Turtle


While riding in Pelican Marsh on Monday evening, I saw this giant turtle in the grass that had crossed over 4 lanes from the water.  I had never seen a turtle such as this, so I looked it up. It's a Florida soft shell. It also might be described as a spiny soft shell, and you can see the little spines on the shell. It's pretty big, and has a funny snout at the end. I wanted to make sure he returned home safely so I waited for it to cross the road, and alerted any on coming vehicles. One guy slowed downed, and he said it was a snapper, which is incorrect. 

Here he/she is checking for traffic. 


Safe arrival into the pond.........


Didn't swim Wednesday. My ear was rather painful, and I could not hear, so I knew I had a good case of otitis externa.   I was able to to locate medicated drops in the house, and those are helping. 

Thursday's practice was a nice mix of IM and free. The water temperature was 85 degrees, which made it difficult to breathe.  

If you followed my hippy tale blog, I had a THP a little over a year ago. Just before the operation, my orho surgeon was changed hospitals and was under investigation. The update to the investigation revealed yesterday that Michael Clarke, who performed my THP, was fined $10,000 (slap on the wrist) and a 3 yr. probation for inappropriate behavior in the operating room.  He is an excellent surgeon, and has a very high patient satisfaction rate, as well as positive outcome, and least complications.  Obviously, if patients are anesthetized, they really have not idea what is going on in the operating room. I think that he didn't mean to offend anyone, and someone had it out for him. Every once in a while, people need to realize that what they say and do affects everyone else. He is a very kind and considerate doctor.  

Top news story today is not about Dr. Clarke, but about the oil spill in Santa Barbara CA. It's devastating to wildlife and will affect them for months or even years to come. 

Thursday 5/21/15

4 x 200 (swim/kick/im/pull)

16 x 50 @ 1:00  - stroke = IM order
#1 all free
#2 1/3 stroke + free
#3 2/3 stroke + free
#4 all stroke

4 x 200 pull with paddles @ 3:00
cycle through fast 50s:
last 50 fast on #1, . 3rd. 50 fast on #3,  2nd. 50 fast on #2,  1st. 50 fast on #4

12 x 150 (50 back/50 breast/50 free)
1 @ 2:35, 3 @ 2:20 break
2 @ 2:30, 2 @ 2:15 break
3 x 2:25, 1 @ 2:10 (did not make!)

150 - 200 cool

Happy Laps!

No comments: