Thursday, July 16, 2015

Swimming around town


I've enjoyed mixing up my swim locations between Ft. Myers, Cape Coral, and Punta Gorda. 

Wednesday AM 7/15/15 practice from the FGC Master's team: 
*Sam writes one workout, and it's geared to the slower swimmers, so sometimes myself and a few others need to *add yardage* for the given interval. 

5:00am Warm up begins
1 x 500
8 x 50 @ 1' (drill/swim by 25) (optional fins drill/stroke which is what I did b/c I was very tired)

Main:
3 x 150  (or 200*) @ 3:30 
rest 1'
3 x 150 @ 2:45
rest 1'
3 x 75 (or 100*) @ 1:30
rest 1'
3 x  75 (or 100*) @ 1:20
Pull Set (written as I swam it)
1 x 250 @ 3:30
3 x 150 @ 2'
4 x 50 (snorkel & paddles) @ 1'
1 x 200  (snorkel & paddles )@ 3'

cool 1-300

Happy Laps!

Thursday morning I drove to Punta Gorda, however practice was cancelled due to weather (lightening).   There were many people coming to the house to do various jobs, so I stayed put enjoyed a day of rest. 

After experiencing 4 completely different USMS groups in SWF, I can safely make a grading as to which team has the best coaching and where you will get the most benefit. Drum roll please, that group is the T2 Masters in Naples, FL.  I think I intuitively knew this ahead of time, and I was so very lucky to have spent 3 solid months training with them. I will enjoy swimming with them from time to time, and thankfully I am heading their way this Saturday!  Yeah!   

Now for the negative - we have been in our house for 4 weeks, and still no cable. It has been pulling teeth to get Comcast to install the cables, then install a signal, so the final tech guy can hook up the cable!  I am missing the tour and it's sad. When I do see it, I drive to Naples to watch it from my parents house, which is what I will do Friday morning. 

Until next time.....swim fast!






No comments: